Just general bumf about what's going on in my life!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

War of the Worlds.

I watched this with the wife the other day. Being a "fan" of the original I was dreading watching this movie. I was right to! It was as dreadful as I thought.
Don't take this wrong, had they billed the film as "How tough it is being a Dad during a seperation" then I'd have been singing this films praises. It appeared to me that the movie was actually about Tom Cruises family relations with the "war" as a backdrop, instead of perhaps what a smarter man might have done which is but the emphisis the other way around.
Nice effects, nice acting, great cast, just pretty damn well crap as an adaptation goes. That's my opinion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the movie well enough, although I would also have liked to see a little more of the actual WAR between the martians and man. The only scene where we saw any action was taking place over a hill (and why again were the refugees going towards that fight?).

I think the movie succeeded more because of Spielberg and H.G. Wells than because of the ever increasingly brainwashed Cruise, however.

12:36 PM

 
Blogger Darren Taylor said...

I felt that the film was "good" if we can agree that it's not "War of the Worlds!" ;-)

If they had got the mix more like Independence Day where it was, the War first and the character development second rather than the other way around, it may have been a much better movie.

I kind of expect to "see" a "War of Worlds" when I go to a movie called "War of the Worlds", silly me-LOL

5:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home